Wednesday, April 4, 2012

New Poker Venture.

Ive been looking for other ways to start making income from poker recently. As the state of american poker grow dimmer and dimmer, my frustration grows. I cant stand playing on these sites much longer. Its tilting to even load the software because I know what I have to be playing on. the constant glitches, no auto reload among others.

I started writing for a sites as of late. Mainly room reviews and re writes of poker news. I had no idea where the articles were going, and recieved no credit for them. I did get paid, meagerly I might add, but no recognition. I needed to start somewhere and build up a resume and/or reputation. After about 5 or so gigs, my name has become known at this site i get jobs from and people have started to contact me about writing for their sites.
Photo credit s8an

I finally chose one the other day and published my first article for them on the 1st. Its a new site and just launched, but i like the layout and the direction they want to go. Most importantly I actually get credit for the articles. this will help to establish my name in the writing field. Having your picture with a bio at the end of an article can really do wonders for ones career, not to mention ego.

Ill admit, I was a little gitty when i first saw it on site and open to the world for the first time. I take my writing seriously, and although Ive had little formal training aside form a few classes in college, I feel my work is solid.
I treat my articles as if they were kids, sometimes better. My articles get more attention some times, and for this I feel bad, but make up for it in the way of watching endless marathons of Dora on nick Jr.And the fact that I know almost every song to The Fresh Beat Band is my penance.

Although my ramblings on here are not top notch, I wanted to share to my readers some of my better pieces. Its sort of like a mechanic. Most mechanics drive pieces of shit. They spend all day working on cars that they dont want to fix their own.When I write here, its not to say I dont care, but im not overly concerned with spelling and puncuation. There are little red squiggly lines all over the page as we speak pointing out to me my flaws.

Here is the site and you can check it out if youd like. www.plentypoker.com

 Please feel free to leave any feedback as I am trying grow as a writer and welcome any criticsm, good or bad. also, if there is a topic of interest you wish to read about or larn, let me know. Ill do my best to get it up and posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment